Save your money. Use old containers to make great decorative collection bins.
- Used Containers (Coffee, Cottage Cheese, Pringles Can, etc.)
- Colorful or Patterned Craft Paper
- Utility Knife
- Double Sided Tape
1. Cut out a rectangle on top of the container to fit the collection item. Size will vary depending on the collection item (box top, milk cap, etc.).
2. Choose the paper design you would like for your bin.
3. Trace the shapes of the cover and hole on your design paper, then cut out the shapes and apply double sided tape to cover. (Decorative tape may be used to cover the sides of the cover if desired.)
4. Remove the cover and apply double sided tape strips all around the container and then wrap paper around the container. One sheet of design paper may not fit around the whole container, so you may need to overlap the paper or cut out a little pieces of paper to fill in spaces where needed.
5. If the container is shorter than the sheet of paper, trim the excess paper using either a utility knife or scissors.