Whether you’re looking to teach your kiddos how to tell time or just looking for a cute décor item to spice up your classroom, this easy to make Flower Clock will sure treat your room right.
- School Smart Wall Clock
- Assorted Pack of Construction Paper
- Laminating Sheets
- Black Sharpie Marker
- Scotch Fasteners or Nail
1. Measure the circumference of the clock then divide by 12 to figure out the width of each petal.
2. Draw out one petal shape (of your choosing) on any color construction paper.
3. Draw 11 more of the same petal shape by tracing the outline of the first one on construction paper.
4. Cut out the petals.
5. Draw out a stem and two leaves, with one leaf being slightly bigger than the other.
6. Outline the petal, stem and leaves with a black sharpie to give more of a 3-D affect.
7. Write out 5-second increments on each petal starting with :00 and ending with :55.
8. Write the word Hours on the small leaf and the word Minutes on the big leaf.
9. Laminate the petals, stem, and leaves to make them more durable so the flower holds up for future use.
10. Cut out the petals, stem, and leaves.
11. Put the clock on a wall using heavy duty Scotch fasteners or nail.
12. Tape petals around clock starting with :00 above the 12 and continuing around clockwise.
13. Tape the stem underneath the clock, and put the Minutes leaf on one side and the Hours leaf on the right side.